Day 184, Year 7: On the Rebound
Date: Thursday, May 10, 2012
Weather: Heavy Rain Overnight, Clearing by Late Afternoon
Location: Brewer Fiddler’s Cove Marina, N Falmouth, MA
Thankfully, I’m feeling much better. My stomach is still a bit unsettled,
but I ate normal food for dinner (something other than chicken noodle soup)
and so far, so good. Sam got sick again during the night last night, so he
and Jonah were home from school today for the second day in a row. Heather,
Jed, and Oliver are still fine, and so far I think Mark has escaped this.
He had a bit of a temperature and his stomach felt a bit unsettled today,
but it is hard to know if it was a touch of this stomach bug or just chemo
side effects. Regardless, he slept most of the day and feels much better
now. So, fingers crossed, by tomorrow morning everyone will be back to
normal.
Mark sees his oncologist tomorrow morning for his bi-weekly check-in and
then goes to work at West Marine for the remainder of the day. He also
works on Saturday and Sunday. Tomorrow, after taking him to work, I’ll come
back to Windbird and work on the deck until time to pick Sam and Jonah up
from school. The forecast is for no rain until Monday, so I will work as
hard as I can tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday to get as much deck caulked as
possible before the next rain. What I don’t finish up this weekend, I’m
hoping Heather can help me with next week. She can come over in the
mornings with Oliver and Mark can hold the baby while we do the caulking.
BUT the weather needs to cooperate. Right now there is a 30 to 50 percent
chance of rain starting Monday and going through next Thursday. That’s the
reason for the super push this weekend. We have delayed being hauled out of
the water for another week, but hauling out on Monday or Tuesday, May 21 or
22, is a definite. That means the winter cover comes off and whatever deck
work is not done will just have to wait until we are back in the water.
While the boat is out of the water, there will be people working inside
installing four new through-hulls and others working on painting the bottom.
If all this works out, we will headed back to Woods Hole as soon as the work
is done. So boat work is the name of the game for the next two weeks. I
have to say that I will be very glad to get the deck done and have Windbird
watertight once again. And then I will be very glad to shift into summer
mode and relax a bit. Mark needs regular exercise, not grueling deck work,
to get him through this chemo. Just one more week.

