Days 33 and 34, Year 1: Patiently Waiting
Date: Saturday, November 19 and Sunday, November 20, 2005
Weather: Sunny
Location: Oxford, Maryland, Tred-on-Avon, SailAway Marina

We had a bit of success today. Finally all systems were connected and I had the pleasure of turning the key and starting the new Yanmar for the first time. She started right up and sounded great, but it was late in the day, so the sea trial must wait until morning. If that goes well, we could be out of here by Wednesday morning. That is the glass half full projection and I’m really hoping for that scenario.

The weather here has certainly changed. That streak of sunny weather has ended and the rain has come. They tell us here that the system moving into the Eastern US is a Manitoba Clipper which means high winds and cold weather. Snow is not predicted here, but it is forecast in surrounding areas. Let’s hope it steers clear of the Chesapeake Bay. I just hope we will be headed south on Wednesday and can outrun the truly cold weather. Until the sea trial tomorrow, we just really don’t know what our plans will be. Hope with us that all goes well and that we will soon be on our way.

051119 Day 33 Boston to Norfolk, USA–Robert Morris Inn and Geese
051120 Day 34 Boston to Norfolk, USA–Visit to Tommy and Marilou's