2023 Life Logs, Day 321: Boston to San Juan to Rincon, Puerto Rico
Date: Friday, November 17, 2023
Weather: Hot; High 82 F on arrival in San Juan; Sunset 4:23 pm (-0 min Cape Cod)
Location: At Home with Justin, Jo, Ziggy, and Coco at Finca Maravilla

I made it! It is wonderful to be here with Justin, Jo, Ziggy, and Coco. And as I write this, I am listening to one of my favorite bedtime ‘songs’. The little frogs here are coqui and they make a wonderful sound, repeating their name over and over. Coqui, coqui, coqui (pronounced co-key).

On Wednesday I wrote that I would be ready to leave on Friday morning, one way or the other. And I barely made it. Getting the house ready to leave for house guests and packing yesterday challenged my back issues to the point that I finally had to just go to bed and get up at 6 am to finish up. Shadow knew something was up when we slept in the living room last night instead of in the bedroom. This morning, he didn’t want to get up and he didn’t eat. And I heard from Brian and Nadia that he didn’t touch his dinner. I am sure he will be fine and will eat sometime tomorrow. But I worry.

I left home barely in time to drive to the Sagamore Park and Ride to catch the 8:35 bus to Logan Airport, but I ran into two traffic back ups and didn’t arrive until 8:36. As I turned into the parking lot, the bus was leaving, so I turned around and raced the bus to Plymouth to get on there. I passed the bus and got to the Plymouth Park and Ride with about 2 minutes to spare. Finally, I was on the bus and could relax. I arrived at the airport two hours before my 12:15 pm flight and it was smooth ‘sailing’ from there. The plane loaded a few minutes late, but we took off on time. When the pilot announced that the temperature in San Juan was 88 degrees, I almost stood up and cheered. The fall weather on Cape Cod has been wonderful, but I love hot. And I love visiting with Justin, Jo, Ziggy, and Coco. So, as I got off the plane, I was happy, happy.

Justin met me at the airport in San Juan. It was so good to see him! We decided to delay leaving San Juan until after rush hour, so we went to Costco to buy a few things and then went to a nearby sushi restaurant to have dinner. When we arrived home at Finca Maravilla it was almost 11 pm, but the coquis welcomed me with their song and Ziggy, Coco, and Jo welcomed me with hugs. We stayed up too late catching up on life, so I don’t think we will have any early risers in the morning. It is so good to be here, worth every minute of the getting ready agony.