2017 Life Logs, Days 139: Busy, Busy
Date: Friday, May 19, 2017
Weather: Mostly Sunny with a High Temp of 74, Low 52 F
Location: At Home in The Studio, Falmouth, MA

Even when I don’t feel like I’m getting much done, my life seems to be busy, busy. I spent my morning finalizing details for the Martin family gathering in West Virginia in June. I did get it finalized on paper, but there are still many phone calls and lots of arranging yet to do. But I did make great progress on that front. I then changed gears and cleaned and filled planting boxes with compost and organic potting soil. I didn’t plant the seeds as I want to let the Goldpebbles do that, as these planting boxes are for starting seeds for hummingbird gardens that were a Mother’s Day present. Then I had to change gears again and head out to meet my realtor at the house I have been seriously considering. I invited friends Jane and Bruce Woodin to come, as well as Heather, Jed, and boys. I wanted to input from all of them and I really appreciate that they took the time to come. At the end of the day, I’m less inclined to buy this place after this second visit because of its proximity to the local fire department and the noise that comes with that. Other than that one negative, I love the place. So I have more thinking to do on this. Then it was back to the Goldstones to spend time with Ollie while Heather was off with Jonah for a soccer game about an hour from here and Jed and Sam were off for a soccer game in town. Ollie wanted to go bike riding to get more practice without his training wheels. We first rode on a nearby street and then we went to the elementary school so he could ride on the track. He rode more than two miles by circling the track 10 times—each circle being a quarter of a mile. We didn’t get home until 6:30 and then I had to quickly get dinner ready for us. Ollie helped and by 7:15 pm we had eaten. That’s an hour later than usual, but everything tonight was just a little late. Jed and Sam got home at 7:30 pm to invite us to go to Smitty’s for ice cream with Sam’s soccer team. They lost the game tonight and needed a little ‘pick-me-up’. So we did. Thankfully tomorrow is Saturday and there is no school because the Smitty’s gang didn’t head home until after 8 pm and Heather and Jonah were still on the road, headed home, but not there yet. I headed home and found myself exhausted. Since I did nothing today that was physically challenging, I’m not sure why I am so tired. But I am, so it is off to bed for me.