2018 Life Logs, Day 327: Thanksgiving Recovery Day
Date: Friday, November 23, 2018
Weather: Sunny and Chilly; High 32, Low 26 degrees F
Location: At Home in The Cottage, East Falmouth, MA

No Black Friday shopping for me. I took the day to come down from the high of a fabulous Thanksgiving. I started with the exercises prescribed for my knee by the physical therapist. It takes me at least half an hour to do those and they need to be a part of my daily routine. Then I did the 20-minute combination of weight bearing, high intensity training, and mind and body exercises I do when I don’t have a class at the gym. Then I headed to town to go to the gym to use the recumbent bike. The physical therapist recommended I extend the time on the bike, so I took a book to read while pedaling. On the way home, I stopped at the Falmouth Pet Center. This is the wonderful local pet store that has been so helpful in setting up the aquarium. I discovered last night that one of the two Platys that Ollie and I bought about 6 weeks ago was dead. Her name was Goldie and I was hoping I could buy another one that looks like her so I wouldn’t have to tell Ollie the bad news. But the Platys were only half the size of Goldie, so I’ll have to break the news to Ollie. He knew this was a possibility when setting up a new aquarium, but that doesn’t make it any easier. At least for now, we have a lot of baby Platys and we still have Mickie, Goldie’s partner.

When I got home, I took an hour to work on the impossible 1,000 piece puzzle I have been ignoring because it is such a hard one. I made a little progress and enjoyed it, so I will dedicate another hour tomorrow. I can’t work on it in the evenings because there is just not enough light. I guess I should work on that problem. The phone rang and it was my friend Linda Stuart calling from New Zealand. Linda and her husband Mike are biking around the world and are currently biking through the North Island of New Zealand. We didn’t talk long as they had an internet connection that kept dropping, but it was so wonderful to hear Linda’s voice. I also talked to my sister in Tennessee to see how her Thanksgiving with her family went. In addition to my niece that lives close-by, her other daughter, son-in-law, and the two grandchildren are there visiting. They had a nice Thanksgiving, but unfortunately my brother-in-law is dealing with another infection. Hopefully this one won’t send him back to the hospital. After that call, I sat down at my computer and before I knew it, it was dark outside. I watched an hour-long health-related video, went through emails that I have ignored for the past few days, and did a little work on organizing photos. I stopped to fix dinner and have continued computer work this evening. So not a hugely productive day, but a relaxing day doing what I like to do.

2018 Life Logs, Day 328: Calling in the Troops
2018 Life Logs, Day 326: Thanksgiving Feast and Full Moon